Thanks for keeping up with this rather sporadic poster, and for being willing to beta-read my fanfiction, The Gamble of Orpheus. So first, a few general tips and guidelines about the fanfiction:
- The Gamble of Orpheus is intended to be a full-length fanfiction of at least 50,000 words. Also, it is a sequel to a previously written work, The Son of Hestia. I will be happy to email the prequel to those of you who might be interested, but it is not necessary to read the works in order to follow the plot of either one.
- The Gamble of Orpheus contains the following additions/inconsistencies with the PJO canon:
- Children of the Big Three, though rare, are possible.
- The exception to the "Demigods can't use technology" rule is known as "godly immunity": if a half-blood is using technology to exercise a godly ability, he or she is shielded from the effects. As soon as the technology is no longer necessary to help with the godly ability, it attracts monsters again.
- The virgin goddess, Hestia, has claimed certain heroes (demigod and mortal) as her children. Together, these chosen by the goddess form a loose network of communication across the United States.
The ancient Greek myths are back, if anyone's there to watch them play out. Alex is Orpheus. Lauren is Eurydice. Kira is missing. And James is just about to lose it. Can an ending be rewritten thousands of years later? Can a teenager bargain with the Lord of the Dead? And can all four half-bloods stay alive long enough to see the end of the story? Not if the gods of Olympus have anything to say about it.
And here's the first two chapters (more to come later); enjoy! Please see the guidelines below the excerpt for feedback procedures before commenting. Thanks!